You will need to manage the settings of your Instagram profile to optimize your account and get the most traffic and the highest level of engagement from your followers. To start with, you will need to choose the right profile picture.
Your profile picture plays a big part in your account as that is the primary element that will create the best first impression on the new visitors. It is for this reason that you must keep your image consistent and in accordance with your brand and the visual markers.
You will also have to consider using your business logo or any other image that is familiar to your followers and is easy to recognize.
When you choose a picture to post on Instagram, make sure that you leave enough room all around the corners of the image as Instagram will automatically crop profile pictures into a circle.
Your Instagram bio
Next up in your profile settings is your Instagram bio. Ideally, Instagram bios will have a maximum limit of 150 characters. Therefore you must remember a few things while creating your profile bio such as:
- You must be direct
- Choose a concise summary
- Focus on who you are and what you do
- Mention why people should follow you and
- Tell the audience about your company with a touch of personality to it.
However, you should not worry much about the hashtags or keyword usage as Instagram bios are not searchable. However, make sure that you encourage the users to take specific actions through your bio. For this, you may use a specific hashtag for visiting your website.
You must know that your bio is the only place wherein you can use a clickable URL to drive the traffic to any external site. It is for this reason that most businesses commonly update their featured URL so that it is perfectly aligned with the most recent post.
If you think you will add such a link in your bio, make sure you use a tracking URL builder or any other tool to shorten your link. This will also prevent your profile from looking cluttered.
If you use these tracked URLs, it will also help you to understand your audience in a better way and track the amount of traffic that your Instagram profile is driving towards your website.
If you want to edit in the future, you can click on the Edit Profile button on your profile. This will allow you to change your name, photo, bio, username, and URL. You are recommended to visit sites like https://vvslikes.com and others for any required assistance.
Review your settings
Lastly, you must review your account settings. This will enable you to see the posts that you have liked and even change your password. You can enable notifications and do a lot more things to your profile modify it and make more result driven.
- Look at the Story Settings – This feature will enable you to manage who can see and reply to your Instagram Stories, however, it is recommended that you allow the followers to see as well as reply to your Stories. This will inevitably increase your brand engagement.
- Identify the Instagram’s Business Tools feature – Make sure it is functional having your Facebook business profile. This will make it easy for your users to get in touch with you and provides you with in-depth insights. This will help a lot on promoting your content. Note: Your business must have a Facebook business page to switch to an Instagram business profile.
- Private Account – Also check the Private Account that will help you to change your profile to private from the public though Instagram will automatically set your profile to public. This will allow unhindered viewing of your users.
- Check the Comments – This feature will allow you to hide a few comments that contain specific keywords or phrases. Though receiving comments may be very exciting and encouraging, but specific comments that can act adversely for your brand value or offend the audience must be regulated.
- Additional Instagram Accounts – You must add at least five accounts so that you can switch between these without having to log in and out. This feature will also allow you to have multiple people logged into any account at any given time.
Types of Instagram posts
After you have created your account, you must now focus on the kind of contents that you want to post on Instagram. To make sure that it is awesome, you can post different types of content such as photos, videos, and Instagram Stories. You must make sure that it is relevant to your brand and represent your company in the best possible way. For this, you will need to know the different types of Instagram posts and some of the best practices to follow so that you encourage a better engagement.
- Images – This is the most common type of Instagram post. Make sure you use a variety of photos when you share to show that your brand is diverse. It will also engage your followers in diverse ways. Apart from that make sure that these are not blatant ads as Instagram users usually look for genuine posts from all brands. Capturing company culture with behind the scene looks and lifestyle shots are best but do not post too many images of your product.
- Repost photos – You can create great content when you repost photos from your employees crediting the original poster. This will humanize your business and create authentic content.
- Influencer posts – You can use posts of even a celebrity or any well-known public figure if you want to promote your brand in a more influencing manner. These posts usually include a visual of such influencers interacting or using your product. These posts will easily gain the attention of other audience.
- Motivational posts – This is another useful way to promote your business. This combines an overlaid quite along with a simple visual that will uplift the text. These posts will not only encourage your audience but will also amplify your brand value.
Just use these in your settings and see the difference in engagement.