There are a number of different techniques you can use to manage your brand’s online reputation effectively.
1. Understand what’s being said about your brand online.
2. Proactively manage your online reputation.
3. Respond to negative reviews and feedback in a constructive way.
4. Encourage positive reviews and feedback from customers.
5. Take action to improve customer satisfaction levels.
6. Manage your social media presence effectively.
7. Monitor your brand’s online reputation regularly.
These days, it’s not enough for big brands to simply have a presence online – they need to actively manage their reputations as well. With the rise of social media, it’s easier than ever for customers (and potential customers) to share their thoughts and opinions about your brand – good or bad.
That’s why online reputation management (ORM) is so important for big brands. ORM is the process of monitoring, managing and influencing the online conversation about your brand. It’s about protecting and promoting your good name in the digital world.
Here are 7 of the most important ones:
1. Understand what’s being said about your brand online
The first step in managing your online reputation understands what people are saying about you. There are a number of ways to do this, including:
- Monitoring social media: Use social media monitoring tools to track what’s being said about your brand on sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Search engine monitoring: Use Google Alerts or other search engine monitoring tools to track what’s being said about your brand online.
- Online reviews: Monitor sites like Yelp, Trip Advisor, Amazon, etc. to see what customers are saying about your products and services.
2. Proactively manage your online reputation
Once you know what people are saying about your brand online, you can start to take proactive steps to manage your reputation. This might involve:
- Creating positive content: Write blog posts, create infographics, make videos, etc. that showcase your brand in a positive light.
- Responding to negative reviews and feedback: If you see negative reviews or feedback about your brand, reach out to the customer and try to resolve the issue.
- Promoting positive reviews and testimonials: Share positive reviews and testimonials about your brand on your website, social media channels, etc.
3. Respond to negative reviews and feedback in a constructive way
It’s important to respond to negative reviews and feedback in a constructive way. This doesn’t mean you have to agree with the customer – but you should always aim to be polite, professional, and helpful.
4. Encourage positive reviews and feedback from customers
One of the best ways to manage your online reputation is to encourage customers to leave positive reviews and feedback. There are a few different ways to do this, including:
- Asking customers to leave reviews: You can ask customers to leave reviews on your website, social media channels, etc.
- Offering incentives: You can offer incentives like discounts or free products in exchange for positive reviews and feedback.
- Making it easy to leave reviews: Make it easy for customers to leave reviews by providing links and instructions on your website, social media channels, etc.
5. Take action to improve customer satisfaction levels
If you want to proactively manage your online reputation, you need to take action to improve customer satisfaction levels. This might involve improving your product or service quality, providing better customer support, or making other changes to improve the customer experience.
6. Monitor your social media presence regularly
It’s important to monitor your social media presence regularly and make sure you’re sharing timely, relevant, and engaging content. You should also keep an eye on what others are saying about you on social media and respond quickly to any negative comments or reviews.
7. Regularly check your online reputation
Finally, it’s important to regularly check your online reputation to see what people are saying about you. There are a number of ways to do this, including using Google Alerts, setting up Google searches, and using social media monitoring tools.
By following these tips, you can effectively manage your online reputation and ensure that your brand is being portrayed in a positive light.