Here is How to install and Configure Google Analytics in WordPress:
1. Google Analytics is a free web analytics service that provides insights about your website’s traffic and helps you track your WordPress site’s performance.
2. In order to use Google Analytics, you must first create a Google Analytics account and then add the tracking code to your WordPress site.
3. This tutorial will show you how to install and configure Google Analytics in WordPress.
4. It is important to note that Google Analytics can take up to 24 hours to start collecting data from your website.
5. Once you have installed and configured Google Analytics on your WordPress site, you can view your website’s traffic data by going to the Reports section of your Google Analytics account.
Installing Google Analytics:
1. The first thing you need to do is install the Google Analytics by Yoast plugin.
2. To do this, log into your WordPress site and go to the Plugins section of your Dashboard.
3. Click on the Add New button and search for “Google Analytics by Yoast.”
4. Once you have found the plugin, click on the Install Now button and then activate the plugin.
5. After activating the plugin, you will need to enter your Google Analytics tracking code in the settings page.
6. To find your tracking code, log into your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin section.
7. In the Property column, click on Tracking Info and then Tracking Code.
8. Copy the tracking code and paste it into the Google Analytics by Yoast settings page.
9. Be sure to click on the Save Changes button to save your changes.
Configuring Google Analytics:
1. After you have installed and activated the Google Analytics by Yoast plugin, you will need to configure some settings.
2. To do this, go to the General Settings section of your WordPress Dashboard and click on the Google Analytics tab.
3. The first setting you need to configure is the tracking mode.
4. There are two tracking modes: Universal Analytics and Classic Analytics.
5. If you are using Universal Analytics, select that option from the drop-down menu.
6. If you are using Classic Analytics, select that option from the drop-down menu.
7. The second setting you need to configure is the tracking ID.
8. To find your tracking ID, log into your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin section.
9. In the Property column, click on Tracking Info and then Tracking Code.
10. Copy the tracking code and paste it into the Google Analytics by Yoast settings page.
11. Be sure to click on the Save Changes button to save your changes.
In order to collect the data that you want to see in Google Analytics, you need to install and configure it on your WordPress site. This can be done in a number of ways, but we will focus on two methods: using a plugin or manually adding the tracking code.
1. Using a Plugin:
There are many plugins available that will handle the installation and configuration of Google Analytics for you. We recommend using one of these plugins if you are not comfortable editing your site’s code.
Some popular plugins include:
2. Manually Adding the Tracking Code:
If you are comfortable editing your site’s code, you can add the Google Analytics tracking code directly to your theme files.
1. log in to your WordPress site.
2. Go to appearance > Editor.
3. On the right-hand side, you will see a list of files that make up your theme. Find and click on the header.php file.
4. Locate the </head> tag and add the following code before it:
Replace UA-XXXXX-Y with your Google Analytics tracking ID.
5. Save your changes and close the editor.
Your Google Analytics tracking code is now installed on your WordPress site! Any data collected will now be visible in your Google Analytics account.
To do this, you will need to:
1. Locate your Google Analytics tracking code.
2. Copy the code.
3. Paste the code into your theme’s header.php file before the tag.
4. Save your changes and upload the file to your server.
That’s it! You have successfully installed and configured Google Analytics on your WordPress site.
In conclusion, Google Analytics is a powerful tool that can help you track and analyze your website traffic. By installing and configuring it on your WordPress site, you can collect data that will give you insights into your visitors’ behavior. This information can be used to improve your website and make it more effective at achieving your goals.