Whenever you decide to market your business on any social media platform, you will be thinking of two things: growing your followers and creating engagement. One of the most exciting platforms on which to engage clients is Instagram, which is a popular app for sharing photos. Not only is it simple to use, but it has been growing rapidly as one of the best ways to market your business. So how can you increase your Instagram following? Here are some ideas.
- Consistent posts – There is a correlation between consistent posting and followers. Studies have been done to show that the accounts that have the most followers tend to post at the very least once a day. Those that have acquired a massive following go on to post 2 or even 3 times daily as an average. Those that have succeeded on Instagram and other social media platforms have done so by posting frequently.
- Carry out research on hashtags –One of the major mistakes you can do is to start using hashtags without carrying out proper research on the same. You need to find the right ones, those that will expose your post to a larger audience. Not only do you need to have a dedicated hashtag, you also need to make sure that you work with a variety of other popular ones that can really build your profile. With as many as 30 different hashtags allowed on each post, you have room to play.
- Make use of content that is user-generated – When users generate relevant content and tag you on it, you should definitely make use of that. You will be surprised how easily and quickly it can help you grow followers for Instagram. Of course you need to sift through it first and only use the very best content from the various social media platforms and the web, and remember to always credit the original content creator for the fantastic job.
- Work those emojis – People love emojis. They use them to communicate a wide variety of emotions and expressions. According to Instagram, almost 50% of the comments and captions used on the platform include emojis. Using them often causes people to engage more with the post if properly used.
- Tag-a-friend! This is something you need to ask your users to do. If you are having an event, one of the best things you can do is to ask your followers to put in a comment if they will be attending and then tag someone that they would like to bring along. By simply doing this, you will have a ton of people see the post that would otherwise not have seen it.
Other things that you can do including using the right filters, hosting photo contests with the right Instagram hashtags and so much more. It doesn’t matter whether you are trying to gain followers for a personal account or for your brand; you will make great headway with these tips. Of course it is important to keep researching so that you can keep abreast of the times, so be sure to always remain relevant.