Just as your report card spoke about your performance in school, the SEO Audit Report throws light on how well your site is performing on the web. In this world of internet marketing, an SEO audit has become mandatory for maintaining the organic growth of your site. If you are a business owner, working to rank higher and excel then you will want to make the most of this report, which will convey to you both the positive and negative aspects of your site.
Basics on SEO Audit Report
Simply put, this is an efficient tool which will offer you with an overview and a detailed insight into the present status of your site. An SEO audit report is a method for strengthening a site by thoroughly analyzing its flaws. With information provided by it, you will be that much closer to attaining your goals and objectives for your website.
SEO Audit Report and its Importance
Generally, when people hear the word audit, it scares them, but this is not the case when it comes to SEO. An audit report in the real sense is a good thing. If you have a website, maintaining its growth status from time to time is important. The fundamental purpose of an SEO audit report is to make you aware of where your efforts are going down the drain. You can either hire an SEO expert to help you with your SEO audit or do it on your own through using premium SEO tools.
Steps to Perform the Right SEO Audit
All said about an SEO audit report; but how it will work? Take a look at the different measures which you can adopt for tackling the audit on your own:
• First and foremost, crawl your website to check both the accessibility and indexability. It will include reviewing the errors, the web design, and the total pages that have got indexed amid others.
• Secondly, analyze the factors of on-page ranking like images, meta tags, outbound links, page contents, site URL amid others.
• Thirdly, you need to check the factors related to off-page ranking like presence on the social media platforms, quality and number of backlinks amid others.
• Last but not the least, compare yourself with others to discover your flaws and work on them all.
SEO Audit Report- What it Measures?
This report will accurately measure your website’s overall performance. Here the technical aspects are mainly considered. Take a look at the different elements in which an SEO audit report will cover:
• Clarity of Content– This report will help in monitoring your textual content’s clarity and also the codes utilized to build the website. The codes’ efficiency can also help in enhancing the content’s visibility. So, you should consider this.
• Page Load Time– The truth is if a web page takes enough time to load your website will fail in passing this criterion. The attention span of people these days is steadily shortening. It can affect your site’s bounce rate if you do not boost up the load time of your web pages.
• Ease of Navigation– Your prospective clients, will consider the ease of navigation as a significant aspect. If your website is complicated to use chances are it will fail.
Below are the top 4 benefits of using a professional SEO Audit Service,
• Improve the Overall Performance of a Website– We all know that Google favors a good website. Site performance, in fact, is a chief factor in rankings. When you perform an SEO audit, it will help in flagging up any problem which your site has like difficulties with sitemaps or low speed. It will also show security problems that your site may be facing. You can fix these issues can right away while there are some that may take more time. Any form of external changes is likely to affect your site’s performance so conducting an SEO audit every quarter is a must.
• Keep Away from Bad Historical Practices– The industry of SEO is evolving at a constant rate. The conventional search engine optimization practices some years ago were to purchase links which directed to one’s web page. Although link building these days continues in being a vital characteristic of an SEO strategy, such toxic links are likely to prove detrimental for your search rankings. It is here where a professional SEO audit will work wonders in identifying such bad historical practices that once removed can help to augment the overall SEO of your site.
• Check the Keywords You are Ranking For– An SEO audit will offer you useful information regarding your organic presence within search results. The moment you realize what you are ranking for, your content can be optimized accordingly. The content may be on the best topic yet if you do not correctly optimize the same for the right keywords your target customers may not be able to find it.
Every site is unique, and a proper SEO audit will provide a tailored view regarding how well your site is performing in Google’s eyes. Post completion of the audit, the plan of action will get made for implementing such changes for improving the SEO.