When was the last time you critically examined your PPC strategy? Just like SEO, PPC is a dynamic field and relying solely on AdWords for PPC campaigning is an unwise thing to do. If you look at the prevailing trends in 2016, then it is clear that this is a big year for social media and mobile advertising. If you want to know what is working and what is not in the world of Pay-Per-Click, then this is a must-read for you. Here I will share logical and actionable advice on how you can win the PPC game.
Concentrate on Mobile PPC: The first thing you need to understand about PPC landscape is that its growth is dependent on mobile and tablet devices. In 2015, mobile search surpassed desktop search and thus, it is more important than ever to optimize your PPC campaign for mobile devices.
- You should set up a “click to call” feature for all ads so that mobile users can call your office/shop immediately without searching for contact information.
- Optimize the PPC landing pages for mobile phones. Not only the landing pages must be responsive to fit all screen sizes, but also it should be lightweight to load faster and save cellular data of the users.
Go for Pinterest Ads: Recently Pinterest launched a new facility that allows advertisers to upload and schedule promoted pins in bulk. This not only allows you to reach a larger audience but also lets you target consumers in a focused manner. Unlike Facebook, you can reach the consumers through targeted keywords. In order to take advantage of the Pinterest PPC, you need to follow these steps-
- You must use a CTA in the description section to boost the CTR.
- Each promoted pin lets you embed 150 keywords, which is more than sufficient. You should start with 5-10 most important keywords and then expand your keyword list gradually.
- The great news for PPC marketers is that Pinterest ad rates are cheaper than Facebook and AdWords and thus you must start your campaign with higher ad bids. You will get better exposure at the same budget.
Don’t Miss Ad Extensions: Google recently announced ad extensions for top ranking ads and digital marketers should reap all the benefits of it. If your ad ranks among top 3 in the SERP, then here are a few things you can do with the ad extensions.
- Add a map showing the location of your office or store. This will surely increase footfall and help in revenue generation.
- Display product information like price and rating given by previous consumers.
- Show positive reviews.
- “Deals extension” can be used for festive season short time deals. For example, “Flat 25% on shoes this Christmas.”
So, here are my top 3 PPC suggestions for boosting conversion and staying ahead of the competitors. Apply these techniques in your PPC campaign next time and you will see improvement in engagement, CTR, conversion rate, and ROI.