Digital marketing is not complete without SEO. SEO takes your website from obscurity and brings it to a higher ranking on search engines, which creates visibility. This in turn creates more user traffic, increases conversion rates, and increases return on investment. In order to stay on top of the changing algorithms that will keep your site one the first page of searches in your niche, you need to engage the services of an expert in SEO, whose work is to keep abreast of the changes and create SEO strategies that work.
Digital marketing encompasses a variety of techniques all aimed at promoting your brand via digital technology. This can include email marketing, social media, mobile solutions, PPC, content marketing, search engine marketing, and so much more. The aim of digital marketing is not just to increase sales, but it also includes elements of social interaction, entertainment, brand exposure and news about your niche. To be a leader in your niche, you will have to engage digital marketing techniques, undergirded by SEO.
Your SEO strategy should consider both on-page and off-page optimization.
- On-page optimization – These are techniques used to increase user traffic and website visibility. The techniques used make your website search engine friendly. They includethe use of meta tags and keywords among other techniques.
- Off-page optimization – This includes techniques for website promotion and link building. Web linking should be with sites that are well known and trusted. This is important because linking to article directories and using paid links tends to negatively impact on your rankings.
So why should you engage SEO in digital marketing efforts? There are several advantages to consider as follows:
- Unlike other techniques such as email marketing, SEO drives more user traffic and helps your website rank better on search engines.
- It is cost effective and offers a better return on investment than other marketing and branding methods.
- The world has gone digital. Most people search for services and products using mobile devices and desktops today. If you are not marketing digitally, you are losing out on a lot of potential business. Your SEO technique must include mobile SEO so that you can take your business to the next level.
- Beat the competition – This is especially so if you engage the services of an SEO expert. You can be sure that your competition is doing search engine optimization on their websites. Get ahead by engaging the services of an expert in this field.
The importance of SEO in digital marketing
Digital marketing cannot succeed without SEO and the services of an expert can take your SEO efforts from where they are now to the top of your game. The goal is to raise your ranking on search engines so as to increase the visibility of your brand. The importance of SEO cannot be disputed where digital marketing is concerned. Here are just a few reasons why.
- Most users will only look at the first page on search engines. The only way to get here is to leverage SEO expertise.
- Excellent SEO techniques will indeed improve website usability and improve user experience, which is something that search engines seriously consider when ranking the site.
- With proper SEO, your brand and your website remain in the forefront such that people searching for services and products in your niche will keep stumbling upon them. This improves chances of them clicking through to your website and then sharing the content they find to their social media platforms. This without a doubt improves your reach.
Search engines are constantly changing the parameters that they use to rank websites. This has led some people to imagine that SEO will soon die off. However, this is very far from the truth. SEO is here to stay. The challenge though, is keeping abreast of all these changes and making sure that you are changing with the times. An expert in SEO can help you out by coming up with appropriate SEO strategies that will ensure that you remain at the top of search engine rankings for your keywords.
That said, it is safe to say that digital marketing without proper SEO strategy and techniques will fail. As you use proper SEO techniques to rise to the top of the search engine rankings, you can expect more traffic to your website and with that an increase in business revenue.