There is no denying that SEO is the future of online marketing. Your search engine optimization consultant therefore has to change with the times to unlock your website’s potential.
Google has made crucial updates on Panda, Hummingbird and Penguin, which should change your SEO campaign for the coming year. Here are some of the trends your SEO specialist must consider in 2016:
- Video content traffic: A study by Forrester Research says over 70% of online traffic in 2017 will be video. Your SEO agency must use videos and animations because Forbessays video content is going to overtake written content in 2016.
- Brand mentions and your keywords: Google has updated its interpretation of keywords and now takes into account implied links and brand mentions. Your SEO expertmust ensure your links appear natural while also establishing your brand’s authority online. This will lead to more brand mentions which will in turn improve your ranking on SERPS for your target keywords.
- Mobile traffic optimization: According to eMarketer, 1 in every 5 people in the world owns a Smartphone. While it is obvious that you require mobile optimization in your SEO campaigns, you also need to know that Google is set to penalize sites which are using deceptive mobile traffic networks. You also need to consider innovative mobile optimization tools such as mobile voice search, QR codes, Google maps, Local search among others.
- Guest blogging: Your SEO consultant must leverage guest blogging. This is predicted to be one of the most effective SEO tools for 2016. It creates quality in-bound links but for this to happen, you must use a stringent criteria to select targeted sites while also creating quality content.
- Conversational Queries: Google’s Hummingbird has been tweaked to make it easier to get results for conversational queries. You need to think of digital search assistants such as Siri, Cortan and Google Now in your online marketing. Your keywords must also be aligned with those from conversational queries.
There are many other innovative ideas that will determine how online marketing will work for you. Make sure you work with an SEO specialist who recognizes them and brings them to life.