The Internet has revolutionized the way people interact in today. If you have a website or a blog, you can leverage the 3 billion plus internet users to become more visible in your niche. However, it is easier said than done; just ask the millions of people who own websites which never get any traffic.
If you feel like your website is not adding you value, it is highly likely that you are overlooking search engine optimization (SEO). You can use professional services to ensure your website appears on the first page of Google’s SERP.
These experts use various techniques to draw more quality traffic to your website and the resultant effect is better ranking. So how do you tell if you are working with a crook or an SEO Expert? Here are some questions to ask:
- Which is the best SEO technique according to you? If the expert keeps saying link-building and doesn’t mention the invaluable role of quality content, then keep looking.
- How do you ensure my website ranks quickly on page one? If there is any mention of link scheme, hidden texts, automatically generated content or other shady sounding approaches, you need to move on.
- Where will you get my content? Most SEO vendors want to use shortcuts such as spinning and using automatically generated materials. These link-building schemes have become obsolete as a result of changes to Google’s algorithm and there is no need to risk penalties for your website.
- Will you personally do SEO on my website? This question catches most vendors unawares. You need to work with an actual expert and not a front. You need to ask for contact information, social media accounts and such details to confirm that your work will not be outsourced.
- How do you assess your success? This is another weighty question because most agencies expect you to be desperate and ready for any kind of SEO project. Avoid companies that promise an overnight jump in your search engine ranking. This project takes time and you need to understand how every part of the campaign will be measured.
It is true your business might be going through a turbulent time, but you should never rush when hiring a SEO expert to help you.