Search engine optimization (SEO) is now one of the most important aspects of internet marketing. You cannot afford to ignore it if you want your personal blog or business website to do well. There are two main types of SEO; onsite SEO and offsite SEO. Onsite SEO entails optimizing your content, tags, tiles, webpages and other aspects of your website for search engines. On the other hand, offsite SEO involves having authority sites linking back to your site. Both onsite and offsite SEO are very important and you need to find the right mix that works for your site for you to succeed.
Onsite SEO is pretty straightforward. Below are some of the things you can do.
- Research extensively on the right keywords to use for your site, and then optimize your site for these keywords so that your website comes among the top when someone searches for those keywords.
- Base your content on those keywords. Your content needs to be of high quality and it needs to be relevant in order for it to attract traffic from the right audience. The keywords should not be forced into the content. They need to appear naturally. Otherwise, your content might read awkwardly because of trying to force keywords.
- Make sure your titles and subtitles, meta tags, meta descriptions, page URLs and image tags include your keywords.
- Review your keyword strategy from time to time. This will help you see what is working and what is not, and you can then make some changes to it for better results. Search engine algorithms are also changed often and you need to ensure that your keyword strategy is in line with these changes.
This is a bit more complicated than onsite SEO. However, you must do offsite SEO as it will have a big effect on your site’s ranking. Below are some of the things you can do.
- Make sure that your content is of very high quality. This is because authority sites in your niche will not want to link to a site that has poor quality content. They would not want to be associated with mediocrity.
- Do regular press releases to get authority sites to link to yours.
- Guest blogging is also a great way to get backlinks to your site. However, note that this usually works both ways. You should allow other people to post on your site as guests, and you should also offer to do guest blogs on their sites.
Both onsite and offsite SEO are very important as they both affect a site’s performance. However, experts advise that offsite SEO should be given higher priority than onsite SEO. This is because it affects your site’s rank more than onsite SEO. Seek professional help from SEO experts such as New Skool Marketing in order to know exactly how to optimize your site for search engines. They will help you come up with a good SEO strategy that incorporates both onsite and offsite SEO. Professionals will also help you avoid getting any penalties for using forbidden methods.