Modern business has fully shifted to the internet platform. If you want to remain competitive in today’s viciously competitive market, you have to keep up with the volatile internet marketplace. Over the last one decade there are phenomenal changes that have taken place on the internet platform. Search engines are tightening their control on how businesses can use search and there are even Google Webmaster Guidelines to be followed.
While website design is till important to day, it takes more than a beautiful website to stay ahead of the pack in your niche. The place of search in online marketing cannot be gainsaid considering that 93% of all internet experiences start with a search engine. If your business is not visible on search engines, you are simply not working towards meeting your objectives.
In fact, a survey published by Search engine land shows that 75% of internet users don’t scroll past the 1st page of search engine result pages (SERPs). With such findings, the place of search engine optimization (SEO) becomes obvious. If you don’t have an SEO strategy right now, you are groping in the dark and you can bet there will be no results to talk about. The fact that search remains the main driver of site traffic means you just have to work on your ranking ion search.
Leveraging the Expertise of an SEO Consultant
Truth be told, most small businesses and startups don’t have the capacity within their ranks to run a full-fledged SEO campaign. However, you can’t use this as an excuse because there are highly qualified SEO consultants who you can partner with to get the best out of your marketing campaign.
By bringing SEO at the core of your marketing campaign, you will enjoy better outcomes including brand visibility, higher conversion rates, higher ranking on SERPs, and reduced bounce rates among others. These are enough reasons to invest in a qualified SEO expert.
These experts have the necessary expertise to design and implement a highly effective SEO strategy. Your SEO consultant understands which techniques are trending and they will integrate them into your campaign for better results.
Building an SEO Strategy
Now that you appreciate the reason you need to invest in search engine optimization, it is time to learn more about building a solid strategy to achieve this. Most website owners don’t have the requisite skills to come up with a solid strategy and for this reason an SEO consultant comes in handy.
The most common steps used in building a successful SEO campaign are:
- Defining the target audience: If you don’t know who you are targeting don’t get started because it is all pointless. You have to define your target audience and also their interests. This allows you to know what your content will be and also makes it easier to discover the best keywords.
- Keyword research: Keyword still remains crucial in SEO. Categorized keyword research involves first creating all keywords you think are relevant before going on to use available tools to find keywords that can convert.
- Search for opportunities: Take time to find gaps and opportunities in your target market.
- Access the competition: You have to be on the lookout for what the competition is doing in order to strengthen your competition. There are many tools available which your SEO consultant should deploy for competition analysis.
- Build keyword-focused pages: It is advisable to have multiple web pages tailored for specific keywords. Avoid trying to get one page to rank for all the keywords because this in the end is counterproductive.
- Start a blog: It sounds obvious but you will be surprised by the large number of websites which are not leveraging the power of blogs. This helps you to rank for keywords and research also shows readers are now reading blogs before making purchase decisions. When blogging, do it for the target audience and not search engines.
- Leverage the trending SEO techniques and best practices: Most website owners dismissed the impact of Instagram a few years back but today they are scrambling to post content on the same platform. This shows that your strategy should leverage new ideas in the industry.
Measuring and tracking your SEO campaign is also a crucial aspect in building your SEO strategy. If you are struggling to reach your target market, it is time to combine efforts with your SEO specialist to build a solid SEO strategy.