Does your website feature on Google’s first page search engine results? If you can’t find it, you are not leveraging the power the internet gives you. No one will be looking for your website on the 2nd page. In fact, failing to feature on the first is akin to having a business with no address. This is where search engine optimization comes into play.
Your website might look all flashy but if it is not optimized for search engines, you will not get any return on your investment. Your search engine optimization expert works to improve the visibility of your website on search engines.
But there is a catch, with so many people claiming to be SEO gurus how do you select the best? Here are some ideas:
- Experience: Before spending your hard earned money, you need to consider how many years’ experience they possess. If an agency says it can work on your website, make sure you ask how long they have been in the industry; the longer the better.
- Technical expertise: Just because someone can design a website doesn’t make them SEO experts. You should look for a SEO expert who has technical expertise in on-page and off-page optimization.
- Track record: You must ask for a list of current and past clients in order to prove that indeed their SEO skills really work. You can also contact these former clients and assess their websites in order to assess the effectiveness of the services you are buying.
- Mode of operation: The best professional should be forthright in discussing their methods in detail. This assures you that your website will not suffer due to black hat tactics used by some SEOs. They must adhere to Google webmasters best practices to avoid penalties.
- Service guarantee: If an SEO professional is confident about their skills, they must offer a guarantee for your search engine ranking improvement over a specific period.
- Level of reporting and communication: If someone is going to work on your website, then they must report on everything they are doing. The best SEO professionals share the project details through regular reports to help you evaluate the SEO campaign’s progress.
If your website is not giving you the expected ROI, use the tips above to hire the best SEO professional to change this.